Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mystery Tree


Mystery Tree
Originally uploaded by catscluttercrafts
See this beautiful tree or shrub or bush, that's in my yard. I have no clue what it is. It smells heavenly and it blooms every year. I'm hoping to find out what it is so I know how to take care of it.
I have had some very good conversations with friends and customers who want buy American. Last week a woman called to see if what we make is made here in the USA. She was home sick and is building a house. She wanted everything that was being put into it made here. She was having a very hard time finding companies who make things here. It was nice to talk to someone who appreciates the work my husband does.
Today I talked to a friend about buying American. She has been to China and has seen 1st hand how things are there. We are sent the higher quality products but it's pretty much junk. They have no quality control, it's about making products as quick as possible to meet the demand. Hong Kong has slightly higher quality than China, which I find surprising because I thought they would be equal.
So we talked how Americans need to stop buying the cheap products and by doing this we can raise standards. Standards which should have been about quality in the 1st place.
I'm so excited, fruit and vegetables are in season here! My fruit share starts today and Saturday the vegetable share. I love fresh produce and love supporting local farmers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that a Mock Orange? Do the flowers smell sweet/nice? It looks like a large flowering bush that I had as a child. The flowers look and smell like orange blossoms but no fruit.

Anonymous said...

Yay for supporting local farmers! ;) And beautiful photo!! So pretty!

Dawn Elizableth said...

I think it may be a Mock Orange but it hangs over not up right. Plus it has 6 petals not 4 but it looks exactly like a Mock Orange trees I found on google. Thank you for the compliment on the photo, Blazedanielle.