Monday, June 2, 2008

Homemade Paints


homemade paints
Originally uploaded by catscluttercrafts
So here's how the paints look the day after. Some are still a little runny but we had to try them out! They work fine but the green in the egg container doesn't work. I think we didn't add enough food coloring. I think I only added 2 drops when I should have added 4 or 5.
If I didn't over fill the trays you probably couldn't tell these were home made! That's how good they look!
I highly recommend this project to anyone with children. I think any age really because the goo is so cool, when you are mixing it up! Plus I think everyone has food coloring, white vinegar and cornstarch hanging around. So the only real cost is the glycerin and that was under $3. You only use 1/2 a teaspoon so you can do this forever practically. My bottle is like 6 oz, and I'm not doing the math to figure out how many times you can do this project.

No comments: