Monday, July 21, 2008

Last Month Of Punk Rock Sock Yarn

Here it is the Final shipment!! Isn't it pretty and it works with the album so well. It doesn't even look like Dookie, so I will be happy when I finally knit this up. Actually I'll be happy when I start knitting any of the 3 months worth of yarn I received from Melanie! My problem is that I'm trying to learn Cat Bordhi's New Pathways For Sock Knitters and I'm having problems. The problem with sock patterns is that I get to the heel, make it and don't know where to go from there. In her book it says look at this panel before you move on. It doesn't say exactly when to implement said panel. It probably does say some where and when to apply it but I need my neighbor to translate for my tired brain! She will be by later this evening and will point me in the right direction!
Until then I will be doing laundry and sewing because the house it empty again! My husband went back up to his mother's to pick up the counters, the island and the kitchen sink! He had a late start because she didn't call him because her phone was off the hook all weekend! Her mother doesn't know how to hang up the portable properly! I had a good chuckle when I heard that. My MIL and I often talk how having an elderly parent living with you is like having children at home. We have many a good laugh at things that we've been through.
My husband is testing my super woman powers this week. He decided last week to order 20lbs of sour cherries for smoothies. I was talking to my MIL and she thinks we won't like them because they will be too sour. So I have 3 pie crusts waiting in the fridge to be made into cherry pies! With 20lbs I may end up making 10 pies, thankfully I can freeze pies or freeze the cherries to thaw later and make pies! Did I mention that these are organic or low spray cherries, they are pitted and only cost $1.50 pound! Considering cherries on sale at the store are $4.99 a pound, I think this is a pretty good deal.
My children will be leaving this weekend to go visit their Aunt, Uncle and niece's house. It's a 4 hour drive from my MIL's house so from ours it's probably 5 1/2 hours away. The cool thing is I do not have to drive! My MIL loves to travel so she is picking the girls up after our dentist appointments and whisking them away! My husband and I are going to try and sneak in a movie on Friday afternoon before I go to work. He would have lots of studio time but he's helping a friend's wife move on Saturday. Maybe Sunday too if it's not all done. Our friend is up in the Adirondack's taking an all paid for painting class! He was selected out of a lot of applicants and received a full scholarship to attend for a week. How cool is that?
I'm definitely feeling better now that the crazy weekend is over. Just a little more sleep and I'll be good as new! I forgot to mention this also came with a handmade stitch holder that say's Dookie! Too cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great to have relatives who will take your children for the weekend. The thing about having four is that, no one will take them off your hands. It's just too many kids. I am planning a surprise get away for my husband's birthday (in October) and my parents said they would take the kids for one night and I have to find sleepovers for the other night. Le sigh.

Dawn Elizableth said...

Bummer that your folks will only take the kids for one night! My MIL thinks more the merrier and if she had it her way she would bring a whole bus load. I'm sure it will all work out! Good luck in setting it up!

Dawn Elizableth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.