Tuesday, July 1, 2008

If You Don't Hear From Me...

It's because I've collapsed from biking to drop my daughter off at Summer Rec.  It's only half a mile away from our house but it's down hill there.  Then it's all up hill all the way back with an almost 40 pound little girl lounging on the back of my bike.   I had to walk up a very steep part of the hill and lost the balance of my bike.  So it went over with my youngest all strapped in.  She landed on the grass and I think she was more shocked than hurt.  Sometimes being a good environmentalist just sucks!!!
I did get lots of stares from the SUV driving parents who were pulling into the parking lot.  We live in a small town, can't these people walk, bike, no they can't.  We meet at the middle school and there are no bike racks!  I was really shocked.  So I had to lock my daughter's bike to a wooden bench.  Well I'm must recharge my battery and hopefully I won't feel like the little engine who couldn't!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Feel better!! Take a long break to recover!! (but come back soon! I like your blog!)

Dawn Elizableth said...

I wish I could take a long break but she wants to go, so we have to bike. Next week will be my down week because she's away at camp! My husband went with me today and it was a little easier. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. My projects will just take longer now their are 2 children in the house!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I've been biking with the twins to camp (maybe a mile) it's mostly uphill there. It takes me 25 minutes to bike there with the girls, but only 8 minutes to bike home alone!