1. My biological mother died when I was 2 and my brother was one.
2. My mother (the woman who adopted me and my brother) married my father when I was 2. 3. They also had a son together, who I guess is my half brother but he's 100% family to me.
4. My father abandoned his family while my biological mother was dying. Only to re-appear and take us kids away from my grandparents after my mother was in the grave.
5. My father is an alcoholic who has been in and out of my life like a yo-yo. He did stay married to my mother for 13 years. She should have dumped him sooner but she stayed with him because of us kids.
6. We moved 14 times while I was growing up, to avoid having a relationship with my biological mother's family.
7. I found out in 3rd grade that I had another mother and a whole family I didn't know about. We had visitation with them for a brief time but it was really hard.
8. My father constantly runs away from his problems and to this day we still cannot talk about what has happened without him blaming everyone else.
9. I didn't have any real friends growing up because we moved so much. When I did have friends they meant well but would bully me into doing things I didn't want to do.
10. I dated a boy when I was 14 or 15, that I really didn't like. I wasn't allowed to date, so everything had to be kept secret. That was an awesome time (not). See #9.
11. I only dated 4 other boys before I met my husband and #10 isn't counted among them.
12. My husband is 6 years older than I am. With maybe half the maturity on good days.
13. When I first met him, I thought my husband was arrogant and egotistical. I didn't like him at all.
14. I have a tendency to piss people off because I don't like secrets. I don't mean to but if you trust me with something that I don't think should be kept secret. Can you blame me for opening my mouth?
15. I pissed off my last roommate in college and I don't know why. I feel really bad and it had to do something with my husband. We sort of made up before the year ended but I never did find out why she was so mad at me.
16. I dated my husband for 1 month before he proposed and was married 3 months after that. We joke that we married for health insurance reason. It was a big reason but not the main reason.
17. A professor of mine over heard my engagement talk and the part about the health insurance only. So I got talked to about getting married for health insurance. She was a big feminist and yet was married to a guy. Which always threw me off. Not saying that all feminists are lesbians but she acted like she was. So when I found out she was married to a guy, I was confused.
18. I know all my roommates thought I was dumb for getting married so quickly but I had dreams that I was going to marry him.
19. I have had many dreams that have come true. I dreamt that my youngest brother ended up in the hospital and it happened. I would have deja vu experiences all the time because I had dreamt of events happening.
20. Once I had my daughter all my premonition dreams stopped, now I just getting feelings that something odd is going to happen.
21. I was pregnant before I graduated college.
22. I never wanted to have children. Sorry I am selfish that way but I didn't have the easiest childhood.
23. My mother and I have different clothing styles. She hates floral prints and I have returned things because she has disliked them so much. Only to regret it later.
24. Since our styles differ so much, she thinks I need to wear short tight clothing to look good. Which I disagree with. She can't appreciate the beauty of a well made long dress.
25. When I was 16 I wanted to be a fashion designer. I would watch Style with Elsa Klench whenever it was on. I had a portfolio but no understanding of trends. My desire to become a designer changed when I saw my designs on the runway.
26. I would like to adopt a child or 2 one day.
27. My husband and I took Southern Renaissance and Italian Art together. We studied Ravenna, Italy and I knew if I ever had a daughter her name had to be Ravenna (rah ven na). It's know for it's beautiful mosaics.
28. For our 2nd daughter I wanted to name her Seraphine Soliel but neither my mother or my husband wanted that name.
29. Our 2nd daughter is Melia (may lee ah) Mielikki (Me lee key. Melia is plumeria in Hawaiian and is also the nymph daughter of Oceanus. Mielikki is the Finnish goddess of the forests and the hunt.
30. So now when we yell their names in a crowd, we know they will turn around. That was another criteria. They had to be unusual.
31. I love to read. It is so bad, I will read the packaging that comes into the house. Like a box of toothpaste or anything else with writing on it.
32. I never really traveled when I was younger. I went to Disney World once when I was 12.
33. Since I haven't traveled or camped I have very high living expectations. There has to be a flushable toilet.
34. I was not allowed to watch movies when growing up. Especially rated R or scary movies. So I have missed out on a lot of 1980 movies. Like Caddyshack or Freddie Kruger movies.
35. I love movies and will watch anything once.
36. My favorite movies are Pecker, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Pillow Book and pretty much anything indie.
37. I love to dance but only at Goth night clubs or gay bars.
38. Technically if you go to a gay bar you should not get hit on by a guy. I went out with one of my best friends to a dance club on drag night. We ended getting hit on by the creepiest guy there. Cross a hippy with a trench coat kind of guy. We started holding hands and getting cuddly and I think he got the idea.
39. I pierced my nose 2 years ago and love it.
40. I do not think I'm pretty.
41. Embarrassing situation, sort of. Went to a birthday party for a friend and the birthday boy and I were talking. He looks over at the kids playing and I just assume that he's talking about his daughter because she is beautiful. He's talking about how beautiful she is just like her mother. Then it hits me, hey moron he's talking about you and your daughter. Thankfully he had been drinking and didn't realize how dumb I am.
42. My favorite colors are purple, green and black.
43. I do not like pink at all but it works for my blog.
44. I wore a lot of black, my senior year in high school.
45. In college I didn't have that greatest of laundry habits. If I didn't spill food on my clothes I would wear them until I spilled food on them. When you work in clay and plaster you can't tell how long your clothes haven't been washed in.
46. I worked at 2 different jobs with my best friend. We didn't work at the same time a lot but they were both fun jobs.
47. I have 3 best friends and not a lot of friends.
48. All my best friends I have, I've known since high school.
49. I would like to got to FIT to take some pattern making classes.
50. I believe in instant Karma.
51. I'm Buddhist, sort of.
52. I was married in my MIL living room
53. I wore black to my wedding.
54. We had 2 best men too.
55. I didn't go to my college graduation. Instead I went to see Liar Liar with my mom. (Yeah I'm a rebel.)
56. My 1st daughter was 9 days late and was almost 9 pounds.
57. With my 2nd daughter I was walking around 5-6 centimeters dilated for about a week and still had to go into the hospital to be induced.
58. My oldest was at the birth of her sister. It was pretty cool.
59. We had the meanest night time nurse for my 2nd child. It was enough to make me never want to go to a hospital again.
60. In movies they always show the woman who's giving birth sweating up a storm and screaming at the top of her lungs. Yeah, I didn't do that. Not that it didn't hurt but I just didn't feel comfortable screaming. The sweating thing I didn't do either.
61. I love Seeds of Change Chocolate! My absolute favorite from them is Santa Catarina, which has dark chocolate with mango, toasted coconut and cashews. My 2nd favorite is the one with dark chocolate and coconut.
62. I'm an enigma. Once my husband thinks he has me figured out I change. Sorry honey!
63. I snort when I laugh.
64. I dislike cooking but enjoy baking.
65. I do not enjoy cleaning the house, unless it's empty of people!
66. In 2 years my husband would like me to get a real job which means during the day.
67. I like nibbling on my children's noses. I think it's because they are so freaking cute that I just want to bite them.
68. When I was dating my husband I hit him in the head with a lamp. In my defense, I swung the lamp at him and he saw it coming. He didn't move, so it's his own fault.
69. I think I was testing him to see if he really liked me and would take all my quirkiness.
70. I love the fall. I think it is a magical beautiful time.
71. My perfect romantic day is a warm day, cool night. That's it.
72. I drive a Prius and LOVE it! It's the 1st brand new car I've ever owned.
73. My last car was a stick shift Saturn and it took me 6 months to figure out how to drive a stick shift. Yes I'm that slow. I didn't have the greatest teacher either.
74. When I was in college my mother was so strict that my youngest brother and I started sneaking out of the house during the summer.
75. I never was into heavy drinking during my college years.
76. If you haven't read my profile, I love, absolutely love to peel paint! It's an obsession that one of my BF's and I share.
77. I'm very sarcastic and that sometimes comes off as bitchy. But I'm not bitchy, just trying to be funny.
78. I love rainy thunder stormy days.
79. I've seen green and red lighting. Which is really cool.
80. My pinkie toes have freakishly small toe nails. It's really gross, so I try to wear shoes to hide them all all times.
81. My mother wouldn't let me shave until I was 14 or 15. It was really embarrassing growing up.
82. I can hit the broad side of a barn with a car. I did it when in my 20's, to my professor's barn.
83. In my defense I was backing up and flirting with my husband (who was outside the car). Those 2 things should never be done at the same time. I damaged the car slightly but not the barn.
84. I come from a long line of accountants and mix up my #'s all the time. I'm slightly dyslexic.
85. Since my husband is a teacher he thinks he's a celebrity in the town he works in. We can't go anywhere without his students coming up to him and saying hello.
86. He's been in a magazine and people have asked him for his autograph which only feeds his ego of being a celebrity!
87. I had a bleach blond streak in my hair for my senior year in high school. I would dye it emerald green because I loved the color!
88. I let my brother cut my hair with an electric shaver when I was in college. It was totally uneven but I didn't care.
89. The same brother had a problem with dealing with emotional things when growing up. He cut himself to release his emotional pain.
90. He ended up in the psych ward for about a week and was pissed.
91. Luckily he grew out of it and wish he had never done it in the 1st place.
92. We have easy check out at our grocery store and I love it. Easy check out is where you can get a scan gun and scan your items while you shop. It helps the nutty crunchy people like me, pack their own cloth grocery bags.
93. I almost didn't pass math in high school. Luckily I had an awesome teacher who could teach you 4 ways to figure out a math problem.
94. My brother and I were in the same math class and I kicked his butt on the regents exam!
95. Some day I would love to own a gazillion acres of land.
96. I would like to build my own environmentally friendly house one day.
97. I would love to start a farm and donate all the food to poor families who live in the big city in this county.
98. I'm still waiting to win the lottery but I think I should probably play if that's going to happen.
99. My youngest loves Walter the Farting Dog books! I seriously get creeped out looking at the artwork in the books. It visually disturbs me.
100. I love learning about artist's but think that schools never teach enough about women artist's. This includes colleges.
101. My favorite trees are Japanese Maple trees. I just love them and the way they look.
102. I can remember my 1st thought I ever thought.
103. I'm very stubborn and can remember being stubborn at the age of 2 or 3.
104. I remember wanting to put a band aid on a cut and my father wouldn't let me do it by myself. So I wouldn't let him put the band aid on me. He put it on my dresser and put me to bed. Well I got my little chair and tried reaching the band aid on the dresser. It was a very tall dresser and I never did find it!
105 My night time ritual once I put my youngest to bed is to check all the blogs on my list. It never fails that she needs something. So I don't mind getting interrupted a million times to get her what she needs.
106. My 10 year old is at that rebellious stage, so we argue a lot. Which drives me crazy!
107. I feel bad not mentioning her a lot on the blog but you really do not want to hear how unfair her life is.
108. Secretly I would like to sent my 10 year old to China for a week and see how unfair her life is after that.
109. I do not like sharing my art supplies. They are mine all mine and I do not have to share because I'm the mom!
110. When my oldest was 3 she overheard us talking about how her grandparents spoil her all time and we wished they would stop. Later we got into the car to go visit them and she was very quiet. Which is very unusual for her. So we asked her what was the matter. She asked why grandma and grandpa boiled children. We had a good laugh over that!
111. My favorite word is loquacious. I love how it rolls off the tongue.
112. I realize that in 2 years I have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. My youngest will be in school full time and remember my husband would like me to work a day job.
113. When I was younger I used to read intellectual books (or what I thought was) by Herman Hesse or Vladimir Nabokov, now I only have time for quick reads like Janet Evanovich or Jane Austin.
115. I used to read so much when I was younger that it would make my mother mad.
116. My mother wouldn't buy me books when I was growing up because she said they were a waste of money. I think it was because we didn't have any money.
117. I can't sit still and do nothing. I can't watch TV without something in my hands.
118. Even though I'm a semi-good gardener, I can't raise radishes. They go from seed to bolt for me.
119. At our last house the chipmunks used to be so friendly they would eat out of my hand
120. I own 3 orchids and one of them is supposed to smell like chocolate when it blooms.
121. It must smell like something because my psycho cat keeps eating it. It is now surrounded by a zap mat and making a good recovery. I'm hoping for it to bloom in a year.
122. I would love an indoor garden/greenhouse someday.
123. I would also love an indoor koi pond one day too.
124. I do not like plastic or porcelian dolls. I was scared of them when I was younger.
125. It was super hard to do this list and by the time I reached 50, I couldn't think of anything else. I hope that reading it wasn't as hard as it was for me to write it!