Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yes!

Yesterday I sold something from my Etsy shop! Now I've sold things before but never to someone who doesn't know me. So those previous sales don't really count because there is the connection and possibly a play on sympathy strings. Friends will always buy things from friends even if they don't need it. You can always count on your friends to buy things from you. They may not need whatever it is they are buying. But people can always rationalize who, or why they are buying the unneeded thing for.
So this why it's awesome, that someone out there bought something that I made without knowing me. They wanted it or are giving it someone they know without the pressure of knowing me. It was a great ending to a mediocre day.
I'm also trying to start a mailing list for those who are interested in getting updates when I post. I don't know if I did it properly but it's what came up when I googled mailing list. If it doesn't work I can always do more research and undo what I did. Then pretend it never happened! So if you are interested the link is on the right. You can always unjoin too. So there's no pressure.

No comments: