Thursday, January 24, 2008

Beautiful Winter

It finally stopped snowing and I couldn't resist taking a walk this morning. We didn't go that far because snow was really high. At least for my three year old. The snow was hanging on like icing and I love when it looks like this. rhododendron reminds me of a Dr Seuss tree, maybe the Lorax trees? I almost deleted this picture. If you look to the left of the bird feeder it looks like an angel, a ghost, a face? Everything is so monochromatic, I liked the vividness of my fence. I thought is was so cool how the snow was mirroring the fence. Yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy.
I'm working on socks for myself! After the first sock disaster, that I couldn't take pictures of. This pair seems to be working out. Of course I can't do anything the easy way. I'm using left over wool yarn that uses a size 6 needle. I'm knitting with size 3 and decided I had to have stripes. I highly recommend this starting method for starting socks. It's a little hard at first but it looks great and I can try my sock on as I knit it! Pictures will hopefully be posted in the future.

No comments: