Friday, February 8, 2008

The Weekend

So this weekend I'm supposed to go to the monthly handworks get together.  As mother nature likes it, she's threatening us with 1-2 feet of snow.  No big deal we have a truck.  Not that I drive it often but this would a great chance to get to know "the truck".  
We will be driving the truck to NC in 12 days, so this would be  a great opportunity for us to bond.  My husband is worried though because I don't back up that well.  
Of course the only time I ever hit anything, was when I was backing up and that was 12 years ago.  It was our professor's garage and I only dinged it a little bit.  The garage, was an old wood barn, so it just added more character to it.  We never told him, it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately it has left a scar on my ability to back up.  Maybe I shouldn't let him drive because he's been in 2 accidents for my one backing up accident.   
I will admit backing up is not one of things I love to do.  It's not as relaxing as knitting, or as enjoyable as making my daughter's squeal as I chase them around the house by tickling them.  I can do it, even if he thinks I can't.
His solution is to drive me there and leave me there all night.  It is a handwork sleep over but I snore.  Once the ladies heard me (only between 3-6am) they would throw me out into the snow faster than a rat passing through a 5 star restaurant kitchen.  So I would prefer to come home and snore wake my husband in my own bed.
I hope to have a pictures of a project I'm working on. It's my solution to stained shirts and it doesn't involve throwing them in the trash or donating them. If I finish it tonight and corner my oldest ask my wonderful daughter to model the work for me. I'll have pictures up in the next day or two. Then I will be working on appliques for my next project.  Hope you have an enjoyable weekend too.

No comments: