Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Race

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  Usually by this time every year I have all my shopping done and should be checking to make sure I didn't forget everyone.  It's not happening this year.  So the race is on to make gifts.  
I decided to do this because I have quite a few requests and gifts half done.  I never finish them because in the past I have bought gifts.  So this is the year to clean out the closet.  I'm trying to get rid of the clutter.  There's a lot of clutter here, so it will take years.
On my list is a scarf for my brother, napkins for 2 coworkers of my husband, a sweater tea cozy for my MIL, a drawing book and fabric cover for my niece, socks for my husband (he knows he's getting them) and I can't think of what else is on the list.  
I would like to make more ornaments, not fairies, some angels, and little bird wreaths.  I don't know if it will happen.  The last 4 fairy ornaments are coming together slowly.  I may put them aside until next year.  So they can go on that list!  Plus I have to make a gift for the yankee gift exchange that is happening next friday!  So the fairies will have to be done soon or tossed in the clutter.  I'm making a cashmere water bottle cover for the exchange.  I've never done anything like it before but I have some ideas floating around.
It's a very busy week for all around here.  This weekend my husband is doing a Christmas art show.  We are also attending a Christmas party, which I need to make cookies for.  Girl Scouts for my daughter and the class geckos need to go back to school.  
Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to go to work.  Christmas is right around the corner!  Yikes!!!

No comments: