Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Creating What I Can't Find

Last year I had this idea to make an acorn wreath. Using a grapevine wreath as the starting point. I went to Jo-ann's and couldn't find any grapevine wreaths. They were on sale too and I was really bummed out.
I waited until fall to make my own grapevine wreath. Grapevines grow well in my neighbor's yard. They grow straight up and took a little work to pull them down. I didn't know how big I wanted it to be. So I wrapped it around my arm and kept wrapping until I was happy with what I got.
Then I needed acorns, which are abundant in my neighbors yard too!
Then I used a hot glue gun to attach the acorns. I have never used one before so I had to reattach some of the acorns. I didn't know globbing it on works best.
The results...
I couldn't leave it like this without adding a little fairy magic!

Details, the only fairy I'm keeping is the fall colored one. There will be more made for the different seasons. Plus I may borrow the one's I made for my daughter.

I really like how it came out. It was really fun figuring out where to put the acorns!

No comments: