Monday, March 31, 2008

Sheep Baaa

I finished this appliqué a few days ago and just couldn't get my youngest to cooperate. She was so goofy, that I couldn't take a good picture of it. I was laughing so hard that I ended up cutting her head off in all the other pictures. Plus she was sticking her tongue out too. I think she's caught too many glimpses of America's Next Top Model when I watch it on You Tube. I do not know why anyone would pay for cable, when you can wait a week and catch the latest shows on YouTube. Also if you have children you can plug in head phones and they never know what potty words are being said.
I really like the purple batik fabric but I just couldn't get a good picture of it. So this will have to do. I'm working on one of these appliques for my oldest and the tooth fairy appliqué blown up for her too.
I've gotten side tracked because my awesome neighbor gave me a huge bag of remnants from her quilting and stuff that was in the garbage where she works. There is so much I've decided to try to make the girls patchwork apron tops. So I've been sewing patches together this weekend. Along with hammering copper bookends for my husband. No I didn't finish the four minimum he needed. It's not like he can fire me if I don't do the work. The worst he could do is to withhold chocolate. Then there will be big problems!
So I figure the youngest top will be done first. She, unlike her sister doesn't care what I use. I'm having creative problems with the oldest. She doesn't want this cool purple batik that has a yellow orange color in it. Even though I showed her the pile of stuff that I was going to be using. Yep she is just as pick as I am.
I can't believe tomorrow is April. Where did March go? It's only 9 days until my birthday. Which I'm not looking forward too. It's not like the typical reasons either, like I'm getting older. It's because last year my daughter's made my birthday the WORST day ever. I can't really blame the youngest because she was just following her sister. This birthday out ranked all other terrible birthdays. Even the one's where I ended up getting all those Victorian lace shirts. Seriously it was the 80's where did my family find that crap? Or the time I mentioned I liked Exclamation perfume and that's all I got. What the hell is a teenage girl supposed to do with 8 bottles of cheap perfume. So I've learned to not mention that I like anything because it ends up biting me in the ass.

2 comments:

melissa said...

What a sweet little lamb applique! Your daughter is gorgeous as well!

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
Nice blog!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a good time in wine country.
Kim is on her way to Seattle for a conference - she says hi & happy birthday.
The pics of Melia are cute.
Tom