Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lighting

You don't know how important lighting is until you have to buy it. I've spent the last couple of days pouring through online stores looking for the prefect lighting for my closet. The master bedroom has 3 closets, two of them are brand new and I really don't like them. Then there's the original closet which was falling apart. Plaster was falling down, the closet rod was sagging like 90 year old boobs. It was really sad looking and a waste of space.
So last winter my husband tore everything out and started putting up drywall and then everything stopped. Everything came to a halt because I just couldn't bring myself to buy lighting for this space. Closets are very important and this closet is going to be thee main closet. So I procrastinated and the lighting I thought I wanted sold out. Now that I look back, I realize that it wasn't going to work, so procrastinating worked in my favor. So this is what I picked out.
So imagine this wall sconce flanking (one on each side) a full length mirror. Then on the ceiling a matching hanging light. The space is small but it will be floor to ceiling shelves, drawers and rods done in a light colored wood. I'm thinking that the paint for the wall will be a very pale blue. Now I just have to draw the layout of how I want everything. I know the first 1-2 feet will be drawers for shoes, purses, etc. Then a vertical row of drawers for dress shirts and sweaters. Up top there will be bins? Nice bins or storage boxes to store clothes for the off seasons. On the plus side, one side will be all mine and the other my husband's. The downside is fitting it all in to be done in a timely manner. That will never happen but I feel like we are one step closer to a semi complete project.

No comments: