Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So Many Things So Little Time


Felt Trees
Originally uploaded by catscluttercrafts
Do you ever feel so overwhelmed that you can't figure out if you'll ever have enough time to do everything you want? These trees are something I wanted to work on at Christmas time but it didn't happen. I had to catch up on season finale's of TV, so I decided now was the time. This is probably as far as they will get.
Last week when I thought I was sleep deprived (which I was) I also had hurt my back at work. I have scoliosis so sometimes I don't know that I did something until it's really painful or I feel really off. Usually when my back it out I have right knee pain and lower chest pain. The way my spine curves it actually makes my right leg longer and pops my rib out of wack. So it will pinch me. Not comfy at all. This time it's opposite of usually what happens and was in my neck. So I've been having dizzy spells. When I look up or down and sometimes to the left. Yesterday I went to the chiropractor and I go back next Tuesday.
The new system at work isn't working. I'm supposed to do signs only and the assistant to my boss is doing my job. Plus on Sunday's she's only giving me order codes for the signs and not what they should say or where they belong in the store. So I'm getting less done and slightly frustrated when I have to ask her where they go. She looks at the list and the sign and points at a UPC # where it belongs. I told her and I'm supposed to figure this out how? She told me I would get used to doing it. LOL, I guess I need a chip implanted in my brain so I can read UPC numbers.
In my other department corporate has acknowledge that the new warehouse is having issues with packing our merchandise that comes in. They are over packing, over stacking and then putting the super heavy items on top. Which is how I hurt myself. It's going to take them 6 months to solve the problem. That's a long time in my books.
So here's the really funny thing that I've been giggling about all weekend. Since the one department has downsized I work closely with this one kid who is 18. He's funny, really funny. Plus we like horrors movies and Dane Cook so we are always quoting lines from his movies. Which makes work a tiny bit more fun. Since he's a jokester, he decide about a month ago to dye his hair all blond. He had really dark hair before and he's super tall so he looked like a Q-tip with eyebrows. He then decided to give himself a mohawk and dye the blond part green. Well this has upset one of the managers in the store. The one who is in charge of the one department that is falling to pieces. So he gave the mohawk kid the riot act about his hair at the same time giving him a pep talk about being an individual and expressing his individuality.  It was the oddest lecture I heard. So mohawk tells the manager, the guy who does the hiring and is in charge of dress code, didn't have a problem and told him he didn't have to wear a hat. So the manager kind of shakes his head and walks away.
Fast forward to this weekend. He re-dyes his mohawk blond and then dyes the blond pink. So the manager again comes into the office and starts flipping on him for doing it pink. My boss and her assistant are there for it . The assistant tells him that his mother has breast cancer and that it's his way of supporting her. He back tracks and is all "well breast cancer", well that's really noble. His mother doesn't have breast cancer, he just did it because he can. So now this manager thinks this kid is really great and etc... If he wasn't such a jerk someone would tell him but we'll let him think that for a while. Life, it's all about perspective!

No comments: