Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Belated Christmas!

I know it's a day late but we just finished our Christmas celebrations with family! Look what my daughter did for Christmas at school. I love it! It's her first public school Christmas art work. At her other school they didn't do stuff like this. I really like this and it's so bright, cheerful and reminds me of a card.
I also finished the tea cozy and I think it came out really cute!

I stitched it together using my sewing machine. Since the sweater blocks are different thicknesses they like to part while being sewn. The red hearts are hiding the gaps. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that! It's true and my MIL will never know either! So shh!
I always feel like we get to much for Christmas! Anyone else feel that way? I know my oldest certainly did! Holy Cow! She received an American Girl doll, horse, dog, clothes, and various other doll crap. My MIL went wayyyyyyyyy overboard. She swears this is the last year and next year there will only be one gift for each child. I sure hope so!
My husband and I received a cool charitable gift to Heifer International. I actually wanted to give a gift like this but wasn't sure how it would go over. I'm so happy that someone else thinks like us. So thanks Aunt Dottie! She always gives awesome gifts. Like this Christmas book for the adults and then my oldest received this one this year and this ladybug one went to my youngest. Can you tell she's a school teacher?
I maybe reviewing the books we received if I think they are worth buying. We have lots to read. It will take time.

No comments: