Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Birthday In The Park


Letchworth
Originally uploaded by catscluttercrafts
This past Saturday we were invited to my SIL's niece's birthday party at Letchworth State Park. I had gone when I was very young or maybe I hadn't because I had gotten in trouble. Hmmm, anyways, we had a great time. The day was perfectly beautiful. If you've ever been to Buffalo or even certain parts of NYS, it can be perfect one minute and then the worst weather hits so quick that it makes you think the world is ending.
This picture was taken by the upper falls and this was just one of many rainbows that could be seen. My husband brought his polarizing filter so you can actually see the rainbows. He's so smart sometimes.
We walked a very small portion of it. We did go to the very top which had a nice bench and view of the road and trees. See this bridge? It's for trains not people but as we waited for the rest of the group to make it to the top, four guys rain across it. Just the thought of it is enough to make me nauseous! Plus how dangerous if they didn't time it right and a train had to go over it.
My youngest was fine walking all the way up but trying to get a her in a picture smiling, not likely to happen. I think she thought I was going to toss her over the edge. LOL
My oldest after looking at the 7 mile map declared we should walk to the lower falls. Hahaha which was only 5 miles away. Having only had 5 hours of sleep, it was quickly decided that we wouldn't be home in time for me to get any good sleep that night, if we did.
I have lots of things to show you. I've been sewing like a mad woman. Have received some great vintage purses, a table, lamp and fabric from my uncle. My family (biological mother's) are going to be putting my grandfather in a home soon. He has Parkinson's and Alzheimer's, his care is becoming more and more difficult for my uncle who is no spring chicken himself. My Aunt and Uncle's are cleaning out his house and repainting it. I wonder if they are going to get rid of the shag carpet. I'm curious but didn't want to ask. It kind of dates how old the house is. Plus the color is enough to make anyone go ewww. Seriously what were people thinking when they made orange shag carpet? It's not pretty at all!

No comments: